Why sell to enterprise accounts?
- Much bigger deals than small business clients. (Often $100,000 deals vs the small business market of $1,000 deals.)
- More credibility for your business when you have well-known clients
- More reliable cashflow, even in economic downturns
- More potential to upsell and cross sell an account once they are a client
Is it worth the effort?
Selling to enterprise accounts is much harder than selling to small clients, right? Is it even worth it?
- Yes, it is more work to sell an enterprise account but see point #1 above. The sale can be 100 times higher than selling to a small business.
- Is it 100 times more work to sell one of these deals? Our answer is “no” if you use relationship selling techniques. The reason is the power of social networks.
- The key to all selling today is trust. It turns out that the way networks work, it’s actually easier to get a connection in a large enterprise account than it is to get one is a specific small business.
- That first connection in an account is the key to opening an opportunity. Finding opportunities and “getting in the door” is the biggest challenge for most businesses today.
Get in the door with social prospecting
- Our research shows it is three times easier to get a meeting using social prospecting techniques than it is to use cold calling approaches.
- The inflection point in selling an enterprise account is getting a first meeting in the account and getting into the “information flow” in that account. (See Strategic Selling by Miller & Heiman–a classic major account framework.)
- Hence the most important step in selling enterprise accounts is to use a social prospecting approach to get in the door.
Learn it, test it, own it
We want to give you the best chance to grow your business to new levels by selling to enterprise accounts. We know that each visitor to this page has their own unique set of business conditions and so we want to provide options for how you can engage with this approach. Here are some options:
- Self-guided learning: You can learn the process for cracking into enterprise accounts yourself for free from our blog.
- Sales organization assessment: You can engage us to conduct an assessment of where your sales team, processes and systems stand in relation to selling to enterprise accounts and give recommendations on how to improve.
- Pilot program: You can test the process with our help as a guided pilot program, then if you feel the process has real value for your organization you can go on to rolling out the process to your team.
- Full program implementation: For your firm to truly own the process you need to bake it into your own sales playbooks and systems and reinforce the use of these processes with your sales people. Sales training “events” will not achieve real behavioral change. We will work with you to develop playbooks, customize your systems and coach your sales people to support enterprise selling.